Tongdan Jin, Ph.D.
Ingram School of Engineering, RFM 2235
Texas State University
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
- PhD in Industrial & Systems Engineering , Rutgers University
- MS in Electrical & Computer Engineering , Rutgers University
- MS in Flight Vehicles Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology
- BS in Electrical and Automation Engineering, Shaanxi University of Science and Technology
2. Academic and Industry Appointments
- Associate professor of Industrial Engineering at Texas State University, 9/2013-present
- Assistant professor of Industrial Engineering at Texas State University, 9/2009-8/2013
- Assistant professor of Systems Engineering at Texas A&M International University, 9/2006-8/2009
- Chunhui Research Fellow in School of Microelectronics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 5/2007-8/2007
- Reliability/Project Engineer at Teradyne Inc., Boston, MA, 9/2001-8/2006
- Graduate Research Assistant, Industrial Engineering Dept., Rutgers University, PhD supervisor: Prof. David Coit, 9/1997-8/2001
3. Research Interests
- Zero-carbon manufacturing and supply chain operations
- Smart grid and renewable energy integration
- Resilience and reliability of critical infrastructures
- Integrated product and service system
- William A.J. Golomski best paper award in Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS) 2017.
- “Greening The Texas Grid,” a video interview with the Marketing Office at Texas State University, available at http://www.txstate.edu/discover/solar.
- Evans-McElroy best paper award in Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS) 2014.
- Best paper award in ISERC 2013 in Quality Control and Reliability Engineering (QCRE) Track.
- Member of IIE, IEEE and INFORMS